They ordered us to convert to Islam, or else they'd behead us.

They gave us some time to think it over.

They then came back and said they'll set us free, but instead they took us to a school-yard and stripped us from our belongings.

They separated the men from the women and took the men.

We then heard gunshots.  All our men were killed.

They took us to Mosul.

In Mosul they sold us to sheiks and Emirs.

The one who bought me took me to Talafar (a Turkmen town).

When we arrived I was forced into marriage.

He tied my hands and legs and blindfolded me. Then he raped me.

We never stayed too long in one place: Mosul, Bashika, Baaj, Kojo, Sinjar. Wherever he went he took me with him.

Twice I tried to escape, but he caught me and beat me for three days each time.

I was always locked inside a room and sometimes I would go a whole week with no food.

I was in Mosul when I decided I must escape once again no matter what happens. I was scared. I put on a black abaya and went in the streets. I got in a taxi and begged the driver for help.

I was taking my chances but I was lucky. The taxi driver called my brother and asked to arrange a smuggler. My brother knew a driver in Mosul who he trusted and asked him to bring me to Badush where he would collect me. I was taken to the Peshmerga post and I was free.

My two sisters and two brothers are still in captivity.

The first time the ISIS man raped me, he hit me with a whip. He washed me and forced me to marry him. He was about 30 years-old and had four children. He wanted me to bore him a baby. The man dealt with explosives and moved around a lot. I saw them placing mines in several different cities.

Every time there was an airplane they would send me out to the open - they thought the pilot would not bomb a woman. I was praying that he would.



Identifying details of the girls' accounts have been omitted, their names changed, and identifying physical features and designs (such as tattoos) have been deleted in order to ensure their safety.